There is a very interesting campaign called the Backbone Campaign.
Yesterday, Wayne, nominated me for the Secretary of Sustainability position within the Backbone Cabinet. Now it is up to the editors to place my name on the website if they think I am worthy enough.
Here is what Wayne wrote about me:
Libby Hubbard, aka Doctress Neutopia is the last futurist to graduate in Future Studies from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst before the Reagan Era budget cuts eliminated the program. Her online dissertation is on building an evolutionary architecture, arcology, which fuses together architecture and ecology. She lived a year and a half at Arcosanti, Paolo Soleri’s experimental prototype arcology in the Arizona. Since that time, she has been developing a platform on the need to build arcology as a way to create global sustainability. Her name was on the 2008 presidential primary ballot running on a platform of building the world’s first arcology on Arizona State Trust Land. She promotes her ideas on her Access Tucson cable TV show, Lovolution Village
I’m nominating Dr. Hubbard becaue I see her as the best person alive to fulfill the job of secretary of sustainability and bring together a long-term vision of sustainability to planet Earth and beyond. For her, sustainability doesn’t mean that only one part of the life process is sustainable; it means that the entire planetary system is sustainable. She feels and advocates that we must look at our problems using a whole-systems approach to design. Therefore, not only do we need a global economy that is sustainable within the planet’s finite resources, but we need a new lifestyle that meets all our human needs in a sustainable way. A sustainable lifestyle needs a new living container or ecocity design in which to thrive.
To do this, she has proposed that we set up something similar to Bucky Fuller’s vision of the Earth Bank, a world computer data base where information about managing our natural resources is stored. She feels a key task of the president and the progressive cabinet would be to ask the computer databanks what we need to analyze in order to channel resources to re-house the human population within the framework of building a new network of renewable energy-powered arcologies, and create social justice with equal opportunity to all. She believes all 21st century industry within the arcology model must be based on cradle-to-cradle non-toxic designs as proposed and implemented by architects such as William McDonough and others.
Please watch the video about the proposal to build a high-speed train in California. How I see this working is in conjunction with arcologies. Our goal is to eventually eliminate automobile use. High-speed trains without building 21st Century arcologies doesn’t eliminate the need for the automobile to move us around the urban sprawl.
Doctress Neutopia comments on Michael Rosenzweig’s lecture on Reconciliation Ecology at the University of Arizona.
Does anyone want to make a pool and combine our efforts, or perhaps even make a new party?
I’ve got an idea for the arcology party.https://doctress.wordpress.com/arcoparty/ The goal of the party is to build the world’s first ecological city on Arizona State Trust Land. It requires us to move from capitalistic “democracy” towards a synergetic democracy. Synergetic democracy is a team effort. My prediction is that someday in the near future an arcology will be built. It could be the ultimate gated community for the rich or it could be the world’s first democratic architectural design. The arcology party is working to build a people’s architecture using 21st Century solar-power designs.
I invite each one of you to play a unique role within this exciting new model in order for us to make it real. So, the question is, how do we go about gathering 20,000 signatures in order to start a new party? Can we get together a volunteer army of Lovolutionaries? Perhaps we could get together a flier or newspaper about the new party with the architectural design on it, and see if the homeless would be interested in joining the army and helping us with the signatures. Let me stress the fact that the arcology party transcends Democrat and Republican parties. It is a quantum leap in development practices.
Yours for Lovolution,
Unity for America: The Arcology Party
The Neutopian platform is a revolution against the status quo, demanding a deep regime change. Its purpose is to unblock the energy of the body politic so that we find the political will to free ourselves from car and oil dependency by building car-free, ecological sound cities or arcologies. We propose that the first arcology be build for one million people on Arizona State Trust Land, by and for the people.
We are living through a transitional period where we are moving from the post-modern, dysfunctional, car-clogged, fossil fuel addicted cities, to constructing a network of solar-powered arcologies to house the human population in a sustainable way. The Neutopia platform is nothing less than a world-wide, non-violent mass movement of trickle up democracy–a Lovolution-moving us into a 21st century lifestyle that meets all our physical, emotional, and imaginative needs. The Neutopian flag is the Earth Flag.
The Great American Seal as seen on the dollar bill has also been improved. In the eagle’s talons, she has dropped the arrows, and now holds two olive branches symbolizing our complete dedication to achieving world peace through being the leaders in nuclear disarmament. The images on the paper currency have been adjusted to reflect the new regime. Until an “Earth Bank” which accounts for our natural capital is set up to include for all the global resources, printed money will depict scenes from national parks to instill in us the importance of our common wealth.
No longer exploiting foreign lands and labor for our resource consumption, our focus turns from the accumulation of material things to the fulfillment of creative desires and protecting our wilderness. We move to a state of mind that is caring and sharing, living within our means.
Key Points to Our Gaia Regime Change:
- Conversion of military budget into public work programs designed to build the network of arcologies and a world-wide energy grid. Military forces are redeployed from “occupiers to builders.” The first military task is to decommission nuclear weapons and energy plants as well as to clean up the depleted uranium and toxic tailings throughout the world.
- Conversion of 20th Century pollution producing industrials to cradle-to-cradle, renewable, recycling 21st Century industries designed to clean up the planet and keep it clean.
- Transitioning to a green economy focused on new inventions, materials, and building techniques needed to build arcologies founded with renewable energy technologies. New housing development projects under the old “global shopping mall” regime are immediately halted. Temporary geodesic dome cities are constructed to house all displaced people until arcologies are completed. Until arcologies are constructed, private automobile transportation is replace by solar-powered buses.
- Local to Global Youth Corps offers youth a one-year overseas or domestic adventure and service tours with the purpose of gathering anthropological research towards building the sociocultural architecture necessary for arcological design.
- Preventative health car programs. Free memberships to neighborhood health, crafts, and cultural centers. Arts, crafts, music are seen as part of maintaining mental health. Centers prepare for celebrations and rituals during stellar events such as the summer solstice and the winter equinox, solar and moon eclipses. Community centers also function as organic food distribution centers offering free vegan lunches at cyber cafes. Renewing our health, renews our energy.
- Permaculture and organic farming practices are encouraged as corporate farming is phased out. We lower our meat consumption as we move to a plant-based diet.
- Lovolutionizing Education. The mission of higher education is to provide the Gaia regime with the intellectual skills, talent, and genius needed to build and maintain arcology. The mission of elementary education is to prepare children and students with democratic, conflict resolution skills needed to live within an arcology. Universities become the hub of the regime change. At the center of the “Wheel of Cocreation” visionary futurists jobs are to administer the Neutopia program.
- Reparations to the spirit of Native America Indians. The United States government is guilty of crimes against humanity. It stole land from the Indians, making treaties that were never kept. For the crimes against the Native American, all lands within the United States are now public lands. We move from an owner-based society, into a user-based society, with computer based-technology and compassionately balanced international teams supervising the fairest allocation of all earthly resources.
I thank everyone who voted for me in this presidential election. It was a pure joy to express my visions to you during the weeks of the campaign. I want you to know that my campaign to build a solar-powered arcology on Arizona State Trust Land is just beginning.
Thanks to the Tucson Weekly’s Project White House, I’ve become alive! I will not stop moving forward in creating a new world view. The health of the ecology comes before corporate profit and the automobile culture that enslaves us. I will continue to post videos on my YouTube channel and write my blog about visions of the Neutopian presidency. Don’t think this is the end for the people who support the ideas that I hold dear. After all, I am a CyberQueen. The future is about building a global democracy in which the best citizens of the world are elected through a secure electronic voting system.
And if Jim, our hero in cyber democracy, will continue to keep this dark horse forum alive, I’ll be here!
Yours for Lovolution,
More about the global campaign: